Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Why should I pay for Cable I don't Watch?

I strongly object to being made to pay for cable and satellite channels I do not watch.

I am disgusted to learn that I am being forced to help pay for programs containing unspeakable vulgarity, profanity and even sexual perversions as gross as bestiality. The trend at this sick programming is creeping into some basic cable channels. The perverts have made this programming available to as many as 80 million children across the U.S.

It took me 4 months to have Direct TV, take off there premium channels. Meantime my daughter, who was 11 years old, saw dozens of movies that were lesbian related, vulgar, profanity and other sexual perversions. I teach my daughter to love, to value, and procreate according to catholic teachings.

Its inexcusable for the cable industry to force me to pay for this kind of content with my monthly cable/satellite subscription and worse to pay for programs I have no interest in.
My case and point is this oddity at the hands of Comcast. I am forced by "Comcast" cable to subscribe to there perverted basic cable, just to get the Internet service as cheap as possible. Its appalling. I am not a game person, I do not Golf, I don't ski, skydive, bunji jump and risk my life so most channels are not necessary.

American consumers have always benefited when they have been given a choice about what products they want to purchase. Now gas is at $3.15 a gallon, which may kill cable TV altogether. I think if Chavez has his way and gas goes to 200.00 a barrel. I can imagine how many people will drop cable/satellite TV altogether, and go back to rabbit ears.

The deep-pocketed cable industry has been carried on the backs of American consumers long enough. The cable industry's mandatory bundled pricing for packages of channels that include grossly offensive content featuring foul language, explicit and graphic sexuality and sick violence is anti-competitive and anti-family.

I had, a la carte, programming when I first bought an Earth Station system until the companies, in existence today, bought them out and eliminated the reason I got a satellite system in the first place.

Along with millions of other Americans, I strongly support Cable Choice and urge you to act to make Cable Choice reforms the law of the land.

Do the right thing Congress.

No comments: